YES! WE ARE OPEN
The Lara Community Centre School Holiday (Vacation Care) Program operates during the Victorian School Holiday periods. The program does not operate in December, on pupil-free days or on public holidays.
We are open from 8.00am until 6.00pm each day. Activities are centre-based unless indicated otherwise.
How To Enrol:
Register your family through the My Family App. You will then be able to complete an enrolement form, make bookings for the program, update your details at any time. We will receive a notification of your enrolement and/or booking. You can also make changes to your booking if necessary. (Changes can only be made within the conditions of booking).
Please access using Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari as your browser. Using a Chrome browser may cause issues with login.
Fees are from approximately $10.00 to $55.00 per child, per day depending on your Child Care Subsidy. There is no additional charge for excursions / incursions or other activities*. Note: *Booking conditions apply.
If you are booked in for an incursion or excursion day, you must attend at least one other day in the same week. Cancellations cannot be made after the cut off date for each program.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL BOOKED DAYS, SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY.
What Children Need To Bring:
- Children will need to bring their morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and plenty of drinks each day. (Water is always available in the room.)
- Please limit sugary and fatty foods.
- If children wish to bring their own equipment/toys they are responsible for them. Staff will not be responsible for finding ‘lost’ toys/equipment brought into the program.
- All of your children’s items and belongings should be clearly labelled and named.
- All unnamed and unclaimed items will be donated to the Salvation Army at the end of the program.
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, or electronic devices are to be used by children whilst at the centre, unless it is part of the schedule program. Families will be notified in advance of these days.
You can register and update your details through your MyGov account or by calling 136 150. Most families will receive at least some childcare subsidy, and a 50% rebate on the out-of-pocket gap fee.
- Families will be responsible for any payments arising from changes to their entitlements.
- Families will be responsible for any charges incurred by the Centre in recovering outstanding payments.
- Bookings cannot be processed for future programs until all payments are brought up-to-date.
Sun Protection and Safety:
As a sun smart centre, we will only allow children to participate in outdoor activities whilst wearing a wide brimmed or legionnaire style hat and clothing that cover their shoulders, even in the winter. Additionally, to ensure that your children can participate fully in activities, please ensure that they are wearing appropriate footwear.
NO THONGS, OPEN TOES SHOES, OR SLIP-ON SHOE PLEASE.